Who Qualifies for Invisalign?
Invisalign may be recommended for mild to moderate cases of misalignment in both teens and adults. Invisalign can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, including crooked, gapped, or crowded teeth. In fact, this solution can treat many of the same issues traditionally addressed with braces. However, traditional braces may be a more effective treatment option for patients who have severely rotated teeth or large gaps.
In order to work efficiently and effectively, your aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours each day. If you think you may have trouble keeping track of your aligners, traditional braces may be a better option for you.
If our orthodontist determines that you are a better candidate for traditional braces, we have ceramic and tooth-colored bracket options to help you achieve your goals in a more discreet way.
How Does It Work?
During your initial consultation, our orthodontist will evaluate the condition of your smile and determine whether Invisalign is right for you. If you are a candidate, impressions of your smile will be sent to the Invisalign lab, where your custom aligners will be created and sent back to our office.
Patients typically receive 10 to 15 aligners at once. About every two weeks, you will transition into a new set of aligners. You will need to visit our office for check-ups about every six weeks, which is less frequent than appointments required for traditional braces. Most patients can achieve their desired results in approximately 12 to 18 months. In general, the treatment timeline is the same as braces.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Invisalign offers several advantages over traditional braces, including:
- Increased Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made with SmartTrack™, a BPA-free, smooth plastic material that is laser-cut to fit comfortably against your teeth and gums without irritation.
- Discreet Treatment: Nobody has to know you are undergoing orthodontic therapy, but it will be difficult to ignore your dazzling new smile once you have completed your treatment.
- Removable Mouthpieces: The aligners can be removed for cleaning, brushing, and flossing. You can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods and maintain your oral hygiene as easily as you did prior to orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign treatment has helped over 4 million patients worldwide improve the health and aesthetics of their smiles.
Why Choose us for Treatment?
Choosing our office allows you to receive treatment from an orthodontist rather than a general dentist. As our patient, you can also take advantage of our patient incentives:
- Serve and Save: We offer discounts in exchange for any volunteer service you perform in the community.
- Ortho Bucks: These can be earned when you commit to your orthodontic treatment and can be exchanged for prizes at our office.
Since we also offer traditional braces at our office, you can rest assured that your doctor is recommending the orthodontic treatment that is best suited to your needs.
Contact us Today for Invisalign in Alamogordo, NM
Do you feel self-conscious about the appearance of your smile due to large gaps or misaligned teeth? We can design an Invisalign treatment plan to help you achieve a smile that you feel proud to share. The results can also make it easier to maintain a healthy smile. Schedule your Invisalign consultation by contacting our office online or calling us at (575) 437-7900.